Posted by mtwinkle on May 18, 2006
1. Special K cereal with fat free milk and peach
2. Oatmeal with fat free milk and peach
3. Coleaslaw salad
4. Strawberry / Peach with vanilla yogurt
5. Boiled veggies with spices
6. Yogurt parfait
7. Soup (with crushed carrot and other veggies)
Sweet and sour Red cabbage
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 2-pound red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 12 cups)
6 Tbsp sugar
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup diced apples (optional)
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add cabbage and sauté until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes. Add sugar, toss to coat evenly. Add vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until cabbage is tender, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, garlic.
If you are opting to use the apples add them in towards the end of the cooking
Mix suji with curd. Add some salt.
Cook in microwave for 4 mins. Done 🙂
Eat with coconut chutney.
Can add grated carrot, onion.
grind Peanut, coconut(fresh), water or curd with masalas like green chillies, red chillies, salt, garlic. Tadka with curry leaves and mustard seeds.
Add milk and cook in microwave for 1.5 mins.
Add grated apples.
Fry papad (in microwave, each papad takes 1 min)
coriander leaves (mint leaves can also be used)
onion (finely chopped)
Hummus & Pita bread
A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
1 teaspoon (1/3 palm full) ground cumin
1 teaspoon (1/3 palm full) ground coriander
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 lemon, juiced
6 cups vanilla yogurt
4 firm granola bars, any flavor: peanut butter, cinnamon, oats-n-honey
1/2 cup chopped nuts: walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts, toasted
1/2 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
Combine all of the above in food processor.
Vegan Homemade Tortilla Chips
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
chili powder 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
4. Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
5. Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown. Serve with salsas, dips, garnishes or guacamole.