Raita – Yoghurt Dressing
Posted by mtwinkle on December 21, 2006
Mint (Pudina) Raita
1. Green Coriander 1/2 Bunch Finely Chopped
2. Mint 1/2 Bunch Finely Chopped
3. Green Chilli 1 Finely Chopped
3. Salt to taste
4. Black Pepper 1/2 Teaspoon
5. Kala Namak ( Black Rock Salt) 1/4 Teaspoon
1. Take the Jeera and dry fry it ( Heat the Tava or a Fry Pan and put the Jeera and let it cook till it turns dark brown, its flavour is greately enhanced when it is dry roasted like this), tkae it off the pan let it cool down.
2. Put this roasted jeera in a mortar and Pestle and ound it a bit to turn the jeera into a thick and coarse powder.
3. Whip the yoghurt in a blender or a hand mixer.
4. Add all the ingredients in the yoghurt.
5. Put it in the fridge.
Tadka Wala Dahi (Seasoned yogurt)
1. Blend the yoghurt with the hand blender lightly.
2. Take a small fry pan and heat the oil in it.
3. Add the Cumin Seeds in it to sizzle.
4. Once the Cumin Seeds start crackling add the chilli powder.
5. Take the pan off from the heat.
6. Pour this mixture on the top of the yoghurt.
7. Garnish it with chopped coriander.
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. When the potatoes are bit cooled down cut them in small cubes.
3. Add add salt and red chiili powder and chaat masala. Mix well with potatoes and keep aside.
4. Beat the yoghurt with an egg beater add some water to thin the yoguhurt a bit and blend to a smooth consistency.
5. Add salt,pepper and roasted cummin powder. ( You can roast the Cumin seeds on a fry pan and then use a mortal and pestle to grind doe a bit)
6. Add the diced potato cubes which you prepared in step 3.
7 . Put the mixture in the serving bowl.
8. Put it in the refrigerator to cool it down.
9. Garnish it wih coriander.